I hope everyone has had a fabulous Friday! Thank goodness the weekend has finally decided to grace us with its presence...another weekday would have been too much to handle.
Best part of today is that it is big DAY 3 of my blog challenge!!
DAY 3: Your First Love.
Hopeless Romantic. Those are two words that could easily describe my love life. I don't want to ramble on and on about my first love. Yes, I've had one. Yes, it was one of the best feelings ever. And yes, I am a better person not only because I experienced it but also because it did fall apart, rather dramatically, but I will spare y'all the details. One of the most important lessons I learned is that it is important to love yourself unconditionally. Here are a few things that I do to show myself a little love:
1. Spend some quality time with your family.
Whether it be the family you were born in to or one you create for yourself, spending time with people who love you can help remind you to love YOU too! :)
2. Sex & the City Marathon: Pretending I personally know television/movie characters is one of my all time favorite things to do. The 4 girls in this show are friends that I turn to regularly, for love advice, laughs and a good cry.
3. Bake some deliciously sweet treats!
(check out my Pinterest dessert board).
4. Pamper yourself. Every girl can enjoy a day purely dedicated to herself every now and then. Schedule a massage or a pedicure. Do something special that is just for you! Forget about that busy schedule of yours and take a deep breath to remind yourself of all the wonderful things you have to offer.
What are some things that you do just for you?
As we head in to the weekend, whether you have a significant other or are "perfectly lonely" (thanks John Mayer), remember to always love YOU!
If ever you are in doubt listen to the advice of one of my personal role models Carrie Bradshaw:
"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."




Sex and the City= Favorite Show Everrrr!
ReplyDelete